Beast

Beast was a fun project to work on, I tried to focus on incorporating elements into his design that would show through some personality and imply some history. I also used the project as a means to get more into working with hair cards and trying to find different workflows for generating them and refining shape. Later on I would like to create a small scene for him to be in, possibly with a collection of mutant cats... All shots taken from within marmoset toolbag 3.

Software used //

_software_usage.png

The final tri-count for the character was rather high, in total it was 156,687 tris (100,359 tris without hair cards). There's a lot of areas that could be reduced further, however it is still in line with some of the more character heavy budgeted games being released.

Some high poly shots, the mechanical elements were built separately from the rest of the body in order to make retolopolgy easier later on.

The facial animation / posing for the character were driven by blend shapes, these were hand sculpted and then re-targeted to the game res mesh, here's some examples of expression tests I created in order to see how they would look while at the high poly stage.